Firstly, thanks for booking your next headshot session with me! I can't wait to work with you on the day and look forward to creating some of the best headshots possible.
Below is a simple guideline of things to think about before your headshot session to help you get the most from your session. Of course, if you have any questions or concerns before your session, don't hesitate to get in touch with me!
- Avoid overly bright colours such as red, yellow and orange or any fluorescent colours.
- Try to minimise prints and patterns such as branding and logos on clothing where possible as these are too distracting and will take away from your headshots.
- A variation of necklines is good, this could include v neck, crew neck, collars, tank tops etc.
- Try to keep pants simple and casual, denim and khaki work well, and for skirts keep them simple without too many patterns and try to avoid black skirts when possible.
- Try to bring a casual look as well as a more dressed up look, think something you would wear to the cinemas and something you would wear to a nice bar.
- Make sure that you have your clothing ironed prior to your headshot session, as anything not ironed can not be photographed.
- Don't be afraid to accessorise, but keep it minimal and bring a few options if you are hesitant, for guys a nice watch goes a long way, and the right necklace will make a girls neckline stand out.
- Don't be afraid to bring a few options of clothing as we will find the best to suit you and the lighting during the shoot.
Hair + Makeup
- Hair and makeup for photography is much different to everyday hair and makeup, which is why I recommend booking the professional hair and makeup for your session. If you have changed your mind, please let me know ASAP so that I can arrange the hair and makeup artist for your session.
- If you chose to have the professional hair and makeup for your headshot session, it is important that you arrive to your headshot session with clean skin and no makeup applied as well as having clean hair styled how you would normally style it.
- If you don't chose to have the professional hair and makeup, keep your makeup simple and don't overdo it. Cosmetic retouching will be applied in post production and its helps to keep the makeup simple to begin with.
Arriving at your session
- Please try to arrive 10 minutes prior to your session and at least 1 Hour prior if you have booked hair and makeup to allow enough time for the makeup artist to do their job.
- I cannot guarantee parking for any of my locations, so please be aware of any parking restrictions and allow enough travel time for traffic as sometimes we will be shooting in populated areas.
After your headshot session
- After your headshot session, you will receive an online proofing gallery to select your images within 7 days from your headshot session. Once you have this, you will need to select your images to be retouched via your private gallery.
- Once you have selected your images to be retouched, they will go into post production and will be ready within another 7 days of submitting your selection, the faster you chose, the sooner you will receive your final images!
- At the end of this process, you will be sent another online link which will allow you download your final images in a ZIP folder which will include your high resolution and low resolution files as well as your images in both colour and black + white.